Saturday, May 9, 2009

The White House Flickr page

So, I've always loved the photos of JFK in the White House, especially those candid ones with the kids. Well, the White House is giving us a behind the scenes peek of the first 100 days of the Obama presidency. These images are really quite beautiful (way to go official photographer Pete Souza!). A few of my favorite things are the big bowl full of apples in the Oval office, the amazing vivid photo of the flame of the Statue of Liberty on the wall, and anything with Michelle or the girls. Also noticed: very few women sitting at the table there during important meetings. Ah well, I like seeing how much Obama looks like a kid, but also dignified. Watch for yourself.



His personal approval rating is 81%, which is amazing, however, his policy approval rate is 51%. Still amazing. This post is all personal. Maybe after graduation i'll have energy to think/write about policy.

1 comment:

suvi said...

Laura! I didn't post your comment, but i want to be in contact with you! how do i reach you? My email is suvihynynen at gmail.com email me there! or find me on facebook (I don't know your new last name!!). I'm glad you can get a good nyc fix through me!