Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ribs

so, I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I fractured a rib. "Oh no!" you must be thinking to yourself, "that is terrible! What could have caused such a thing?"

I wish i could tell you that it happened as I jumped on the tracks of the 2 train to save a kid. but it wasn't. Or that a horse kicked me. Or i had another bicycle wreck. Or I was punched in the ribs by mugger trying to beat up an old lady but I intervened and saved her.

But no. None of those things occurred.

I coughed. While hiding under a blanket, curled up on the floor. i coughed and something started hurting, and kept right on hurting through graduation weekend. I thought, I strained a muscle coughing, which is pretty lame. But no, it's even lamer to fracture a rib.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh no!!! I'm sorry. I hope it gets better :) How do you fix or heal a rib?

Your professors ought to be proud of you for coughing up so much good work to graduate. paha

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... that shows how strong you must be to be able to cough hard enough to even fracture a rib!

Nadia said...

Oh no!!! I hope you'll get better soon. I guess the doctor said "No more couphing for Suvi ;-)" Do you have to stay in bed and not move? How fast will it heal?

Cammie said...

I'm so sorry about your ribs! . . .and many congratulations on graduating! What a great accomplishment.

Brent and Emma Wright said...

Hey Suvi! Congrats on graduating. That's awesome. Sorry about the rib but its really funny.

suvi said...

thanks for your concern, friends! It is still sore, but should be better soon. No permanent damage ;)