Tuesday, April 14, 2009

killin' time

This is my fourth blog post in as many days. If you can't tell, the end of the semester is nearing and I have a stack of things I should be doing, but the brain has officially turned off. These last few weeks of grad school are when i should put in that final spurt of energy, the rush to the finish line, go out with a bang, etc. Instead, i learn how to make emoticons for gchat, read blogs, and generally just stare at my computer. Oh, and read the entire Twilight series in a week (5 hours on average per book, read straight through, preferably in the middle of the day when I should be working on Capstone or in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping). They are like Twinkies, you know there is no substance, and your belly will hurt in the morning, but still, you stuff down as many as you can. Well, at least I do. I suppose it's a good thing (figure wise at least) that my addiction these days is fluffy teenage vampire romance novels instead of twinkies. Although, i think my brain may have suffered irreversible damage, I've been dreaming about vampires (in particular, Edward).


I promise i am not a stupid teenage girl with a movie star crush. I'm a smart grad student who should be looking for a job. Sigh. Not much difference these days. Luckily, I'm not the only one in this boat. Melissa pointed out to me that if she hadn't spent so many hours attempting to work on her computer, she would have never come across this treasure. Worth is? Absolutely.

1 comment:

Ms. White said...

when are we gonna turn our brains to mush for 2 hours...aka movie aka fast cars aka ridiculous!
miss you