Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tag

Thanks to frances, i've now been tagged.

1. what were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was a senior at Medfield High School, getting ready to graduate and realizing that I would actually miss the people I went to school with. I was dating Kevin Boyko and excited to go to BYU. I drove around a Toyota Corolla which later went up in flames. I shopped at thrift stores and rode around with friend's in lil's convertible.

2. five things on your to-do list today
- cook for the potluck picnic!
- Email the women's ngo I work with about all the meetings i've been attending
- Set Chris up on friend-dates in washington D.C.
- Plan Vilja's bachelorette party
- Download pictures

3. five snacks you enjoy
- carob covered raisins (this is brand new for me and I love them!)
- sun-dried tomato wheat thins
- ice cream-- any time, any place
- cashews
- banana pudding

4. what would you do if you suddenly became a millionaire?
I would say "I HIT THE MONEY!" like a cute old lady at church did today. Grad school loans would be done for, and I'd of course take a good chunk and invest it properly for a retirement account (i know, boring, but I actually get kind of excited about having a 401(k)). I'd buy a MacBook air and a membership to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. I'd go to a spa and get the works-- my first facial and a really good massage and seaweed wrap (mostly because it sounds cool). And then I would set off traveling to all sorts of fun places and do volunteer work. Really, I think I would save a lot of it to use for future travels and donate a good chuck of cash to worthy causes-- like become a member of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch and the Sierra Club and go to charity auctions and that kind of stuff that I can't really afford to do right now.

5. three bad habits
- leaving piles of things (books, clothes, papers, cups) all over my room
- sitting with my feet up on the chair at formal functions
- talking too much about boys

6. five places i've lived
- Medfield, MA
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Tucson, AZ

7. five jobs i've had (I've picked the ones I don't really like to talk about much)
- shoe sales person at Timberland
- gluing call numbers onto library books
- travel agent
- catering
- Copywriter at Overstock.com

8. five things people don't know about me
- I made a ring out of birch bark when I was 13 years old and wore it for a whole summer in Finland, and then gave it to Juha, the first boy that I ever kissed when I left at the end of the summer. I put it in an envelope and dropped it off at his house when I was supposed to be doing something else. He never mentioned the ring and I felt embarrassed for showing so much emotion.
- I am terrified of running out of things to talk about with people, which actually leads to that happening. It makes me so sad.
- I think collar bones are incredibly sexy
- I harbor dreams of one day being a rock star.
- Once I hid in a dark field hiding from someone who was chasing me. It was scary, but ended up being okay.

-------
so I am supposed to tag 5 people to fill this out next on their blogs. Since I haven't been writing regularly, i think I've lost some readers, but I'll try anyway. I tag you, Aaron, Art, Cammie, Sarah Jones, and Vilja.

1 comment:

theFinn said...

You can't tag someone who has no blog. That simply isn't fair. Where will I fill out my information? My panic is rising at the inability to complete the task appropriately. Sigh.