Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Half-Master!

I'm done and done with school for the semester! Congratulate me!

So i had a minor major meltdown on Friday, and ended up abandoning my computer whilst I wandered the rainy streets of Brooklyn and the crowded aisles home accessory aisles of Target. I brought home, yes, on the subway, 100 votive candles, 4 large glass jars, a curtain rod, and pop tarts. I'm not sure what was going on in my head; perhaps it was more that nothing was going on, I just needed some sort of sensory experience to get detach from the dread of the end of the semester. Luckily, Emily was very understanding when I dissolved into giggles and tears when trying to explain the shopping trip and set things right with an evening of candle light and singing the entire soundtrack to South Pacific. Good times. Best roommate ever.

I took off Saturday (mentally and physically) and made my first trip out to Coney Island. Hot dogs were eaten, arcade games played, freaks stared at, and a baby walrus oohed and aahed. It was exactly the sort of day I needed, since it resulted in four very productive, committed days of paper writing in the law library. Wish I could say that it resulted in the meeting of some cute law student, but alas, the only person I talked to was Leila, and we were all preoccupied with thoughts near-panic. It did, however, result in two beautiful, completed final papers.

And life is good again. Why hello New York, i didn't even realize you were there. been here long and I just didn't see you?

any recommendations for me for my what I did on my summer vacation essay?

5 comments:

Aaron Allen said...

You forgot to mention the ice cream.
and also I am commenting so you feel super good about yourself.

Cammie said...

congrats Suvi! That is the best feeling after finishing a tough semester. I'm so glad you had a nice break too.

charles said...

Congratulations! Go teach those folks a few things at the UN this summer.

Bridget said...

Congrats! Go to Europe- I bet you have a few friends to stay with... Cammie to name one!

Unknown said...

I have never been to Coney Island I do not like the idea of people staring at me. As for what to do this summer? I think you should make a model of the Salt Lake Temple out of popsicle sticks.