Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dani and her baby bump!

Since I call my blog "Tales of the Summer Child", I figure I should be a slightly better at blogging now that it is finally summer again.

To celebrate the beginning of summer vacation, I hit the road and went to Boston. I didn't mind the 7 hour Chinatown bus ride too much, since I was completely brain dead after the semester and spent the trip reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" (reread it since I now live in Brooklyn-- I had no recollection of how good that book was. It was moving, and it was also really exciting to recognize some of the streets and landmarks she talks about. I'm on a New York kick with my reading). Finally, I arrived, and spent the night at the Ward's house-- old family friends in Medfield. Ah, Medfield. The town I grew up. It smells so nice there; it smells green. And oh! how i've missed all of the trees! While I complained about it at the time, I have to admit, I am a pretty lucky kid to have grown up in such and idyllic place. I spent Saturday gardening at the Ward's and at the grave (we'll see how long these plants last), visiting a friend with two babies (yikes!) and then met up with Dani, who was the main reason for the trip.

Dani is having a baby any day now! She is the first non-LDS high school friend of mine to have a baby, first on in the little group that we had, and so this is a momentus occasion. We're still waiting on the baby, but it was fun to get together for the baby shower and pat her belly and think of what a darling little Tristan will be. Adorableness.


Em and Megs
Dani and her mom and sister
Dani, Megs, me and Em. We missed Lil!
Baby bump!
Em and Dani (em is getting ready to steal Dani's belly)

with all of these babies popping out, Emily and I have decided that we are going to steal one and put it into our closet, which is just the right size for a baby.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Oh man, I look like I have my own baby belly going on there. I assure you, it is entirely due to beer. It's my beer bump.