Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sometimes, even ambassadors like to dance

Well, i think so. I'm not really sure who was an ambassador and who wasn't, since Us Weekly isn't full of their pictures.

Leila

So, thanks to my friend Leila (fellow Mormon Wagnerite, who also happens to work at the UN), I volunteered at the Ambassadors Ball that the UN Hospitality Committee hosted last week. Ambassador's Ball, surely you jest, I'm sure you are thinking to yourself. Well, believe it. It was at this amazing place called Cipriani, a former bank (and not like the Washington Mutual on the corner) right across the street from Grand Central Station. Paris Hilton had her 21st birthday party there (and fyi, it is way too fancy for her). In any case, it was amazing!

I had to dress up, and luckily I had that fancy bridesmaid dress from meghan's wedding that suited the occasion perfectly.


Lovely ladies, leila, me, and Ellen, all gussied up to greet the rich and famous.


Leila showing her philipino side in this darling dress with the biggest sleeves ever.


My partner in crime in selling raffle tickets, a lovely Iranian woman. but focus on the two classy dames behind us. They were definitely my favorite characters. We think they are Russian, and very hoity-toity.


At a ball, of course one must get a picture with a distinguished looking man. This is me with Babak, another new Iranian friend and fellow volunteer.




Dessert. Yum. So much for my no chocolate diet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great dress!

Cammie said...

Suvi, what a fantastic night and you look fabulous!