Tuesday, September 4, 2007

finance is HOT!

I am a grad student! I started school again today, totally intimidated by my statistics class and finance for nonprofits. I felt like a kid going into the sixth grade, wondering if the 8th graders would steal my lunch money or if I could survive without recess. And I came to discover... i really LIKE my classes!

Shocking, i know. For those of you who know me, you know i am more of a "soft" science person-- sociology, political science, that kind of stuff. I've never really had a close, intimate relationship with numbers. But, statistics winked at me this morning and finance pulled some pretty slick moves. I think i may be falling for him. It is amazing how interesting it all is to me, now that it is all applicable.

I can't wait to put together a budget! Okay, now back to reading three more chapters for my first microeconomics class....

2 comments:

TUG said...

Welcome to Zion!

Christian said...

I'm glad that you like the stuff. Econ is where the really brilliant amazing insights are found. I'm glad your surviving these first few days.