Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter...

So here we are traveling around as a family in Finland, and my little brother and I have had some quality bonding time in the back seat of the car reading Harry Potter together. Not aloud, mind you, but he has given me permission to read over his shoulder. That first day it was out, he begged until we took him to a bookstore where he plunked down €24,90 for it. So the reading is going rather slowly and I amnot done with it yet, but boy, it is exciting! And, Beni and I are totally bonding while discussing who will be next to die.

Here I am in Finland, visiting my grandmother. I've been completely overwhelmed by the memories and the smells. This is what my childhood memories consist of-- tromping through stinging nettles, going to sauna, mowing the lawn, eating ridiculous amounts of sweets... And of course doing a variety of chores for my grnadmother. For some reason, no matter how much you do, she manages to make me feel lazy. Maybe it is because I took a few minutes to sit in the sun on the swing, and she, with her artheritis and pain medications, hobbled out of the house and started chopping wood! Yes, chopping wood, and heating water in the outdoor kitchen for the sauna. This woman is 84 and sick, and here I am, taking a break from whatever it was I was supposed to be doing, young and spry. And she told me so as well. ah well, that is Mummu.

I'm at the Pyhäntä library right now, so I better get going here soon. but oh, there is so much to tell! I'll post pictures when i can.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Oh it sounds heavenly. You are missed.