Monday, February 15, 2010

i was once a jewish grandmother

At least, if I believed in reincarnation i think i would've been. I like feeding people and i like matchmaking. And one day I will be really round and smell like garlic. Not that all jewish grandmothers are like that, it's just my favorite description.

usually, i am against valentine's day, because I am against consumerism, but really I think it has more to do with feeling pathetic in my lack of love in mid-February. This year, as you know, I decided to face love head on and you know what? it turns out that when you put love out in the universe it seems to come back to you. Well, at least I wasn't bitter, which certainly feels like love coming back to me.

For those of you wondering, the Blind Date Project was, I would consider, a success. I think everyone ended up having a date (after a bit of scrambling and last minute recruits from DC, thanks Otso!), everyone showed up (eventually. gotta love the subways. and, i am very sorry that i didn't tell one person their restaurant was in brooklyn, not manhattan), and everyone got to spend time with a good person, whether or not it was a love connection (that is yet to be determined). I hope it was a fun experience for everyone and I am grateful to the people who participated (you know who you are), to Lori for her masterful recruiting schemes, and to Josh for being absolutely brilliant in making this happen and letting me throw my two cents in. We will do it again. But maybe not in two weeks. and with a lot more help. Even though we didn't participate (someone had to be coordinating behind the scenes), we did have a lovely dinner together, minus the alcohol we were just about ready to consume due to stress (Lori and good italian food did the trick and we avoided breaking the word of wisdom).

As part of the karma, my lovely friends around the corner set me up for a date on valentines's day with their friend Adam who was visiting from DC. It was a lovely time, and I hope the people i set up enjoyed themselves as much as i did.

this sure beats sitting at home with a box of oreos and a romantic comedy. (although, there is also something appealing about that).

1 comment:

Sarah Stout said...

Suvi... What a fantastic idea! I would love to do something similar in this area for all of my single friends. You're a genius!