Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Goals:

The other day, a friend recommended that since I was unemployed (thanks for reminding me, Josh), i should blog more. He pointed me to a great article for recent journalism grads with a list of things to boost their professional cache while unemployed this summer. Like I need that! Ahem, well, even though I'm not a journalism grad, I thought I'd pull a few of the recommendations from the list and try them out because really, it can't hurt to actually figure out how to post the interviews i conducted last summer. These are some of the things on my list (and you can hold me to it):

1. Post on my blog at least twice a week (purely for professional reasons, not narcissism).
2. Join Twitter (yes, you watch me josh, i'll do it. one of these days).
3. Actually learn why and how to use Twitter.
4. Create a podcast-- conduct interviews, edit audio, etc for a podcast. I actually have two that I've been working on for the last few years. One is The Love Story Thief, with stories about love and how it works, and the other is Refugee Voices (or something like that) with interviews with exiles from various conflict regions explaining their perspective on how peace could be achieved.
5. Finish book project with Haifa.
6. Become a guest blogger on Segullah and other blogs I read regularly.
7. Take more pictures, good ones.
8. Explore and review media and advocacy organizations, such as witness.org and others.
9. Take chances and try out new projects with my incredibly talented friends.

That is actually quite a time consuming list, but I'd really like to stick with it, especially if this whole job things takes some time. Who knows, it might even lead to a change in my career path (goodbye policy analysis, hello Cooking with Rockstars!)

3 comments:

Alanna said...

I just discovered your blog, Suvi! (Thank you, Seriously So Blessed.) I can't wait to start reading! Send me an email and I'll invite you to mine, too! (I'm visiting with my sister in Pennsylvania right now or I would read everything and write oodles of comments.)

alannachan@gmail.com

Alanna said...

Hey, Suvi! I didn't even know you had a blog and I just discovered it after noticing that you'd commented on "Seriously So Blessed" and I figured there couldn't be too many other Suvis out there...

Anyway, we'll have to talk for real some time, but I'll be reading up on your blog now!

Jules AF said...

Twitter is overrated and stupid. But that's just how I feel.