Monday, September 8, 2008

I told myself I'd go to bed at 11 pm

and it is now 10:55. School has started. I've slacked on blogging because the summer has been so much fun and who has time to write when you are up until all hours of the night hanging out with a cute boy. not me, that is sure. But, now summer is over, school has begun, and i'll be back at blogging because I need to procrastinate homework and sleep somehow and I've banned myself from reading any more opinion pieces about Sarah Palin (that was last week. I'm totally grounded from politics until something actually happens).

we went to hangout with my friend Meghan on Martha's Vineyard Labor day weekend, and it was amazing and such a good time. And meghan is growing a human! Congrats!

Here are a few pictures, more to come once I can get them from Kristian.







As for school, I'm glad to be back, and I think i'm ready to put my brain back to good use. I'm taking Managing Humanitarian Crises, Transforming the Urban Economy, Estimating Impacts, and capstone. Only four classes, you may say. Four classes with hundreds of pages of reading. Gotta love grad school. Seriously, though, I do love it and i think my classes will be super interesting. Wish me luck on this whole studying thing. So far, I've realized that my couch, late at night, is NOT the most effective place to study. Especially with the internet readily accessible.

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Yay! I love the pictures and the update... makes me happy :)

P.S. I'm also grounded from political readings for the same reason (plus, I need to focus on teaching).

Jodi Reeve said...

Hey it is the former Jodi Cook...how are ya? I found your blog via Rick D. We are living in Ohio, finally out of grad school, but it feels nice to be settled. What are you up to?

check out our blog reevechronicles.blogspot.com