Monday, June 4, 2007

Coming out of the straight closet

So I went to the Utah Pride Festival yesterday to work at a booth for work. This was my first Pride Festival, and a very interesting time. As I sat at the booth, I watched the countless people walking by, noticing in particular a number of good looking men, all of whom, I suspected, were gay. So then, I started noticing the girls-- some of them very cute, and I realized for the first time that some of them might actually be interested in me while the men most certainly weren't. Suddenly, I wondered, what if I am a lesbian? How can you really tell? I pondered this for a few minutes, in a total quandry about how to figure this out and how to tell people if I was. Then I noticed a rather attractive male walk by who glanced my way.... yes... that was definately not a gay guy checking me out. And then I realized I felt very, very different about boys than girls and I am most definately straight. And I have to say, I was rather relieved.

I am still going to the Indigo Girls Concert.

4 comments:

Sarita said...

I'm glad to hear that you got that all straightened out. No pun intended. Seriously.

Here's to getting in touch with your inner lesbian.

dr_b_rock said...

suvi-
did you get a new number? I tried calling but got a different person. . .

glad you're representin' at the pride festival!

Sarah Stout said...

Suvi, you make me laugh... and I like it. I had a moment similar to this before (although it most certainly did NOT occur at a gay pride festival) and yep, I reaffirmed the notion that I am most def straight as all get out.

Brenica Monirent said...

you know, I have honestly had the same converation with myself! At one point in my lengthy and dramatic single life (by the way it doesn't really change after you get married!)I contemplated the other side. And then, also, thoguh Ihave no problem whatsoever appreciating and admiring feminine beauty wherever I see it - my heart (and loins) skip beats when a man looks my way. I suppse, this skipping beats, is the most reliable way to tell. =O) And I love singing Indigo Songs with my dad on the guitar (he, who, after finding out the singing duets preferences, still decided to sing them). =O)