Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fruit of my labors

I went peach picking in Connecticut with the church ladies. 22 lbs, 5
lbs of blueberries, 3 lbs of plums, a bruised knee, sun kissed cheeks
and hours in the car and laughing with the ladies filled the day.
Homemade peach jam and bread were the ultimate outcome. And it was
good too! Which was a surprise, because I had no idea how to make it
and spent hours over a hot stove dressed in a moomoo (hey it was
rather warm inthe kitchen and k was home alone!), lamenting the lack
of thickness and whether I had added enough sugar and then whether I
had added too much and then it burnt to the bottom... Anyway, I'm
still proud, and I took some to the office and gave a slice to an old
lady, and she said it was really good. And if an old lady says that,
then it really must be.