Friday, August 21, 2009

eternal + bliss

I had an interview today! I will not tell you anything about it because I might jinx my possibilities. But I had an interview, and that helped alleviate the i-don't-have-a-job -(aside from the GI doc's office)-what-is-wrong-with-me-I-must-be-a-terrible-person-and-lazy melt-down from yesterday. But, i know I'm not alone in this, and something will work out, and my life is amazingly good aside from the not knowing what I'm doing with my future bit.

Also, going to the temple helps me feel less crazy and more centered. I've been called to serve as a temple worker, so every Friday afternoon from 3-7 you'll find me in the Manhattan temple (66th and Broadway), soaking in the peace and trying to help others have a good experience as well. I love going there because of the light I feel. I also love going there because after feeding my spirit, I feed my sweet tooth with goodies, often from yummy local bakeries like Magnolias and Levain Bakery. Mmm, i love it. Today I treated myself to some ice cream sandwiches from my fridge, and when I say some, I mean I really did eat a few while lying here in my bed in front of the AC and watching hulu.

3 comments:

laura said...

yay suvi! i loved being a temple worker in provo. best of luck with the interview. you have all of my best hopes with you. really.

Abby said...

I have missed way too many posts! (Hello, amazing Canada and salmon and motorcycle adventures!) I wish I could pop into the temple and see you--and go get a cupcake afterward. And then I would follow you around your interesting life for a little while...that wouldn't be weird to have me just following you around, would it?

Emily said...

i've never seen that temple clip, i really like it!