Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Missed connections

Have you ever read the Craigslist missed connections? Some are lame, some are funny, and some are freakin' soliloquies written to someones long lost love. Pure poetry, i tell you. I love the little moments described in the missed connections...

"This morning on the E train...

Hi again

Thanks for the seat on a crowded subway

Better than walking thru a monsoon

If you were just being friendly - have a great day

If I read your eyes accurately at all, say hello"

and another

"I’m looking for the young woman that went out with her parents to eat at Spumoni Gardens on Saturday June 6, with her parents.
You’re adorable..
Your parents must have been visiting from somewhere out West from the style of clothes they were wearing..
We made eye contact a few times when you were leaving..
Get back to me maybe we can meet under less awkward circumstances… "

and one more

"we sat across from each other on the F train... I had a backwords cap and big headphones. You chowed down a bagel for a bit. I wanted to say something clever but didn't. Dang."


Those moments with strangers, that connection on the train, is it worth finding? Or is it better to leave it as a heart palpitating few moments and a pleasant alternate future of what-might-have-been-if-only-we'd-met?

A few weeks ago i very nearly posted a missed connections because of a conversation and sparkly eyes on a train. Luckily, he found me on facebook. :)

1 comment:

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... I've never even heard of this before. Love this concept! Makes me happy. :)