Tuesday, June 10, 2008

vanity, oh vanity

I got a bad hair cut today. All I wanted was to look hot for my little sister's wedding next week. Instead, I now feel like I look like a suburban Mormon mom. Awesome. This is totally what I get for taking the cheap way out of a haircut and going to a student who is training at a good salon. Now I'll get to go to the wedding and have all of the married folk feel sorry for me and try to set me up with their single, not terrible looking, really nice-I-don't-know-why-no-one's-snatched-him-up-yet nephews/cousins/neighbor's sons/etc. I got a facial last week and a pretty new dress because I just wanted to look good, you know? Is it too much to ask to look attractive/confident/accomplished/self-assured/non-socially-awkward for the wedding? Evidently, yes it is. Sigh. Oh, vanity. Why even try. seriously.

2 comments:

)en said...

I know you retracted this post but I'm going to pretend I didn't see that. you can't talk about this without putting up a picture. let us see and judge for ourselves. :)

Cammie said...

You can always do the slicked look for the wedding. . .so sorry it wasn't what you were expecting. I've totally been there too. The good think about short hair is that it will always seem to grow faster than long hair.

You'll look hot for the wedding!