Wednesday, June 4, 2008

America!

Obama clinched the Democratic party nomination last night!

What a historical moment. It has been so inspiring to see this race. yes, i have gotten frustrated by some of the meanness, but mostly inspired by Obama and Hillary hashing it out over policies. And now, to the presidential race... I suddenly had this sinking feeling that what if people vote for McCain? shudder. Please don't. I'll write a long essay sometime about that. But for the time being, just listen to the latest speech by Obama.

Speaking of America, I got my fingerprints taken yesterday for my citizenship application! I expected to have a nice photo of inky fingertips, but they do it all electronically these days with a fingerprint scanner. Not much else to say about it, except that there was a lot of waiting around, so if you are planning on going, take a book.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

When I was standing in line at Dunkin Donuts at 7 a.m. yesterday, they had a TV with MSNBC on, talking about the election. I thought of you! Then I went home and read the Internets about the whole thing. It's going to be a wild ride but I so hopehopehope that Obama goes all the way.