Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ira Glass Look-Alike

So, i was at a Hanukkah party last night, enjoying latkes and learning what the signs on the dreidle mean. And then I saw him, across the room. Did my eyes deceive me? Perhaps a little, but I didn't care. A young, skinny, Jewish guy with glasses and s nice blazer, who looked just like Ira Glass. Take 20 years. Can I just say dreamy? If you read my blog regularly, i don't need to remind you of my obsession. Using all of my feminine charms, I managed to enter into a conversation with the said fellow, and we talked about how he was a rock star in a movie once, which is way better than being a rock star in real life because you don't have to have talent or work hard but can instead jump right into attitude and funky clothing and self-absorption. Upon discovering that we both live in Brooklyn, he boldly suggested that we go out sometime, and requested my number. How could I resist? Now, how to get him to tell stories about life in America softly into my ear...

No comments: