Monday, December 17, 2007

Finals: When bad ideas seem so good.

Melinda and I had a complete texting conversation the other night about getting it on with Financial Management. It was ridiculous. It was hilarious.

The library has become soul sucking and so some of us studied in the Puck building last week. for a break, we did a photo scavenger hunt of professor's offices. Photos to come shortly.

You know what is the best thing to do after a long week of studying your feeble little brain out? Celebrating Elly's birthday with karaoke. I fully intended to go home to work on my stats paper, but peer pressure won out and I went to Japas with a few other stoic wagnerites who were playing hooky from studying. It was the right decision. Karaoke always seems like such a bad idea, but baby, how can it be wrong when it feels so right when you are doing it? Seriously, nothing like singing your little heart out to some Celine Dion. Happy birthday Elly! You totally channeled Celine!

you know, I thought grad school was such a good idea. And now I realize that I am just a masochist. There is a secret part of me that gets a thrill from saying, yeah, I was at the library until 11 last night. Nope, can't do fun things, too busy studying. What am I doing now? Oh... yeah, also really easy to get distracted. But come on, 12 hours of studying is enough. And really, I plan on doing at least a few stats practice problems to help me fall asleep.

Wish me luck on finals. Hopefully I survive. And if I don't, Emily can have my Mexican blanket to keep her company until 1 am every night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

is there a you-tube video of this?? please?

Bridget said...

I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds so fun. I want to go to Grad school too!

Cammie said...

That totally made me laugh--I wish I could have been there for the channeling of Celine!

PS. I'm in the middle of The Kite Runner and it is sooooo saddening.

Sarah Stout said...

Interesting... when I was an undergrad, I also liked using those lines of "It's midnight and I just got done studying for the day and ate nothing" or "I've been at the library for 14 hours straight"... lines like that to make me feel cool. Sadly, the times that I actually could used those lines truthfully happened only around finals time (or since I have an English degree... whenever a paper was due) because I'm the biggest procrastinator you've ever met. I'd rather PLAY first and study later, MUCH later because I work a lot better under pressure. Good times. Hope your finals went well and you're enjoying the holidays with your family! :)