Friday, January 29, 2010

At Home With John Bowe - A Bachelor’s Effort to Understand Love

I've been posting only stories that I've collected myself about love, but when I read this article about John Bowe and his own collection of love stories I couldn't resist but post it on the blog. These little clips from his interviews for this book "Us: Americans Talk About Love" are tender. This need to collect others' love stories to understand our own capacity to love isn't so unusual, and I'm glad to find another kindred collector out there (albeit jealous that he got a book deal out of it). I'm looking forward to reading his book and I think i'll post a review of it when i am done. Enjoy!

Posted via web from The Love Story Thief

1 comment:

susan said...

wait, did the wife in the first story die? i can't understand the ending. it's all garbled. i like your stories better.